- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package of regular Oreo cookies
- In the large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each is fully mixed in.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Slowly stir in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time until completely incorporated. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour (I never wait that long, if at all).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cooking dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place a second tablespoon underneath. You want just enough dough to cover the Oreo so that your chocolate to peanut butter cookie ratio is equal. Gently press the dough down around the Oreo, sealing the cookie dough edges together so that no Oreo shows through. Transfer the cookie to a prepared baking sheet and repeat, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until cookies have just started to brown around the edges. Do not overbake! I like mine a little on the gooey side so 8 minutes is all I cook them. Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Post a Comment