- Ingredients :
- 2 sticks of butter ( 228gram)
- 1 cup sugar (201gram)
- 2 eggs ( 1 tablespoon reserved for egg wash)
- 1 tsp lemon extract / the zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp Almond Extract
- 2 cups All purpose flour (256 gr)
- 1 snack size pack of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Lightly beat the egg and reserve about a spoonful and set aside. Pour the egg (minus the one spoonful) into the butter mixture. Add the lemon zest and vanilla until combined. Gradually add in the flour until thoroughly combined.
- Spray cake pan with butter spray and pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes, and removed from the oven, brush the cake with reserved egg wash using pastry brush.
- Put raisins on the top (or any other topping as desired)
- Put in center of oven, Bake it in the oven for about 30 - 40 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Use a toothpick to check the doneness. Let it cool down before cut. Enjoy :)
Original Recipe Source : http://thelekkerkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/06/boterkoek.html