- 3 cups (240g) quick oats1
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 60g) unsalted butter2
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk (any milk works-- I usually use skim or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup (21g) natural unsweetened or dutch-process cocoa
- 2/3 cup (170g) creamy peanut butter3
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract (yes, a full Tablespoon!)
- Place oats in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter melts, then bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute without whisking. Remove from heat and, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until completely combined. Pour this mixture over the oats, then stir to combine it all. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes. This allows the oats to soak up some moisture.
- During the 5 minutes, line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. And make sure there is enough room in your refrigerator for the baking sheets.
- Using a 1-Tablespoon cookie scoop (or simply a spoon!), drop a Tablespoon of dough onto the lined baking sheets. If desired, flatten out and shape into a cookie. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy! Store leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Source : http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/12/10/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies/print/