- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; let stand for 1 hour.
2. In another bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
3. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Push apple slices vertically into batter, placing them close together.
4. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Source : http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dutch-apple-cake